Sunday, July 10, 2011

One Day Patio Makeover

Today.....I am challenging myself to a one day makeover of the patio outside my master bedroom.   I have been in the doldrums over the repairs in my house since the pipes broke flooding a good portion of the living areas.  I need something spontaneous to jump start myself into fun project mode.  The patio has taken a beating over the past few months.  I haven't been caring for it.  It also became the deposit zone for junk removal from the flood.  There are still a few items left out there and I have hubby home today to help me get rid of it all. 

View of the patio from inside

Dying plants and general
dishevelment

This use to be a charming water garden pot.  I
am going to bring it back to life.

Some of the stuff from the flood damage that
needs to be removed from the patio. 

Even a small garden sculpture that
I made a few years back was
abused.  Poor little lady
has lost a hand and her bird
is down and out.
I have my work cut out for me.  The furniture is quality stuff and the cushions were re-done just last year, so they will stay.  Clearing the area is the first step, then I have a few ideas of how I will bring this space back to life again.  My goal is to do this in one day.....so expect a reveal tomorrow!  Wish me luck!

-The End-

2 comments:

Riitta said...

Good luck, Lesley Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lisa said...

This explains why I haven't heard from ya...LOL