Friday, July 15, 2011

It's HOT! .....Out There On The Blogs

 It's been a little while since I wrote a feature of the 'happenings' out on the blogs.  Maybe it's the lazy days of summer?  Maybe the dog days of summer?  Maybe it's just plain HOT out there.  Here are 5 Hot highlights for you to enjoy......

Sand crabs! by Holly at The Seven Year Cottage.  Oh my!  Are these little treats adorable, or what?! So summery.  I can almost taste the tangy orange candy. You can click on the image to see how she put these adorable little pinchers together.
Sand Crabs, Candy Crabs, Crab Brownies, Crab Cupcakes, Two-bite Brownies, Beach Party


Check out this totally cool paper cone wreath by Corner House.  If you are wanting a good challenge this summer and would like to make this, click on the image.  She offers a great step by step.  If you love this and don't want to do the work, she sells them too!!  Crazy coolio!


I love absolutely everything that Susan at Homeroad creates.  There are times when I am surfing around linky parties and I see her creations and click on the link not knowing that they are hers because I haven't gotten to her post. I chuckle to myself and say, "Oh course! It's Susan."  She just wrote a nice recap about herself on her blog.  If you are interested in knowing more, click on the image below.


Another blogger who just rocks it every time for me is Korrie at the Red Hen Home.  I have highlighted her stuff before as well. Remember the chocolate table?  Well, this week, she completed this beautiful 'postcard' coffee table.  Love it.
postcard table 017


Looking for a fun and easy, yet chic, crafty jewelry project this summer?!  I think this one is totally cool, totally doable for even my self proclaimed uncrafty friend Sue, and fun! Creations by Kara gives you a tutorial complete with supply list if you click on the image below.  All you need is a washer, your favorite craft paper, some leather string, your nail file and a product she tells you about to seal the deal.  This was posted by Creation by Kara.  I found her while visiting around the Frugal Friday linky party at The Shabby Nest.



Hope you enjoyed taking a ride in my summer blog cart!!  Lot's of fun HOT ideas out there!! Don't you think?!  Speaking of hot.....I need to go fix those sunglasses that I broke accidentally yesterday.  May I suggest not leaving your nice sunglasses on the seat of your car?!!  Ay Caramba!!

-The End-

5 comments:

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Thanks, Lesley! I can't wait to check out some of the other posts you highlighted.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feature!

Kara said...

Thanks so much for featuring my necklace tutorial!
Sorry about your sunglasses. I've done the very same thing. :(

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for featuring my sand crabs!

Lisa Montsion said...

I love the eyes on the orange candy.

lisa