Friday, July 8, 2011

I Can See The Pedicure At The End Of The Tunnel

The dirty pigs stucco guys come back today.  I want to greet them at the door with an expletive, but I won't.  I want to stand over them all day complaining about the mess they are making in my house, but I won't.  I want to tell them that I am deducting the cost of the cleaning crew that is coming to my house tomorrow from their bill, but I won't.  I won't do any of these things I dream about.  Instead, I will greet them at the door like they are my long lost friends and punch them kindly remind them about the mess in my house.  I will probably serve them midday beverages, as I nervously hope they appreciate it enough to pay more attention to not making a mess.  Will they walk across my expensive area rug leaving their plaster-filled foot prints like they did the other day? If they do I might break their legs. I shutter to think.

I will hold my breath and close my eyes with the knowledge that this nightmare is almost over, thankful that I can afford someone to come here tomorrow to help me clean.  Maybe.....I will even leave the house, jump in my car and burn rubber down the street drive away to never return find a nail salon and treat myself to a pedicure. Maybe I will even have......oh my, a manicure too.... What do you think?  Stay behind and try to control something without blowing my lid?  ...or walk out, hope for the best and return looking so cute that the dust and dirt just doesn't matter?  Not a tough choice here is it?  {wink}

-The End-

Linking this post to:

5 comments:

Sue said...

I vote for the mani/pedi. The crap will be there either way. Go enjoy yourself and throw a massage in there too!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

A mani and pedi always make me feel better, go for it!! Martina

Unknown said...

Well, as a nail tech by trade I say mani/pedi for sure! I also love the painting. I have yet to figure out how to paint well (at least as far as a painting) I've mastered walls ;-). I love to sketch and use charcoal.....so I am very envious of your work.

Ms. P said...

I feel your pain. Drywall gets EVERYWHERE!!! I have no one but myself to blame since I'm installing it and no matter how hard I try, it gets everywhere!! As a hint to keeping the dust down in the rest of the house, cover your air vents. I learned the hard way. Good luck!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Maybe you could buy a case of surgical shoe covers for the workers to wear.

No matter what, there is always damage left behind in the wake of construction. One can only hope it is minor. Good luck!