Saturday, January 1, 2011

About

I am a studio artist.  I started this blog a few years back to explore the creative end of writing.  I didn't know what was going to develop.  I just let it happen.  After a year or so, I started realizing that the blog had taken a direction that I had never imagined.  I had become an online furniture renovator, a thrifty decorator and an upcycle queen to my readers.  I had always done these things.  I just never really made a big deal about it all.  Along the way, I would fit in posts about my studio work, but nothing very ongoing.

I didn't know it at the time, but I was starving as a creative person, as an artist.  Not the cliche "starving artist."  I was literally, in a creative manner...dying.  Then, along came a punch in the gut as a mother.  One of my teens 'went off the rails' and our family was plunged into the toughest 6 months of turmoil.  I left the blog to deal with the overwhelming nature of life. I have come back to The Homeless Finch in a somewhat inconsistent manner.  At this moment, I am allowing it to just sit with all the posts available to anyone who might want to learn something from them.

I earned my BFA in Studio Art from Florida Atlantic University in 2007.  I have made the decision to spend my creative time in my studio painting and concentrating more directly on my studio work.  I have opened a studio blog page called Lesley Litrento Studio.  It's a Blogspot blog if you want to go check it out.

I named the blog "The Homeless Finch" because I raise a variety of finch in an aviary at home. Originally I felt the name suited someone writing a blog about homeless furniture and thrifty upcycling. Now, I think that I might be that Homeless Finch...a little bird looking for my home...looking for a place of happiness.  I finally think that I am on that road to finding it too. Life's a journey.





No comments: