Thursday, July 21, 2011

Life's a Beach!.....Well, It Was For An Hour

I finally made it to the beach with my kids.  They are both teenagers, so getting them to the beach with me is somewhat of a feat.  It was just for one hour at the end of the day for a snack dinner, but it was nice.   Here is a shot of the beach near our house.  Pretty.

It's so nice to put your slaps aside and dig your little tooties into the salty sand. 

There aren't alot of big shells on the Atlantic side because the wave action is so strong it breaks them into tiny pieces.  But I think they are sweet anyway. Aren't they?

Here is a bucket that a family next to us had with a clump of seaweed in sea water. Tiny little shrimp and hatch-lings galore.

The Pier.....we saw two little boys catch a trigger fish while we were sitting here.  Those boys acted like they had landed a whale!

A storm was moving in from behind us.  We had to cut our visit short.  A bummer for sure, but the hour we had was amazing.  My son brought his guitar and serenaded us. Sweet.

-The End-

4 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Ah, sweet moments like that makes life pretty perfect! We lived in Hawaii for 3 years. I really, really miss hitting a beach when you get an itch to. Enjoy! Deb

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Oh how lucky you are to be that close to the beach. Wonderful to spend the afternoon with your kids too. Do it as often as possible because before you know it they will be gone. My kids were teenagers, I turned around and they were all grown up. Enjoy!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I want to go to the beach so badly - one more month. I'm glad you could spend time with your kids and be at the beach, too. Win-win.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You have to savor those moments when teenagers will actually DO something with you and have a good time anyway!