Monday, July 11, 2011

Ever Bit Off More Than You Can Chew?


Sewing machine on the ground. Ugg.
Have you ever done that??? Bitten off more than you can chew??  We all have.....I just usually do it more often than most!  I don't know why it is so, but it is.  Perhaps, I just like throwing myself into things with the greatest of aspirations in the eternal hope that all is possible.  Well, the truth is, I do have limits.  (Shh.....don't tell anybody.)  I posted yesterday with this great plan to redo my patio in one day.  At the time, I had a loose interpretation as that what was involved.  Keep it simple, I thought.    Keep it what?!! Simple?? What was I thinking??  Was I even considering the person who is me?!! 

What started out as a project that I thought a trip to Pier One and Target would yield quick results ended up involving oh so much more.  As my daughter and I looked around we came up with more and more ideas.  With more and more ideas....comes more and more work and more and more time. The painters are here and have taken over my house re-painting all the walls in four rooms that suffered damage from the flood.  I do not have my studio to work in and I am doing everything remote.  I have even had to carry my sewing machine upstairs and I am working on the ground.  (Not any easy task mind you.)  The point is.....I need a little more time to complete this project.  I am having a blast.  It is just taking longer.  But here is where it stands.   

Going with the theme of white with pale yellow walls in the master, I will be adding pops of yellow color to an already neutral color palette on the patio just outside the glass doors.  I have been busy covering pillows and painting the metal cafe table.   
 


We hung the vintage light fixture in the middle and it looks amazing.  I just need to get out my paint brushes and touch up the finish. 

The water garden has gone untouched and there are several other projects not yet completed, like the tablescapes and a few little surprises that I don't want to mention yet.

A few more images before I get back to work......


Using lots of this on one project.
So give me another day or so to get this done right.  I have a lot more chewing to do on this big bite that I thought I could get down in one day.  It has provided me the jump-start that I was looking for.  I promise the wait will be worth it!  Hope you all are having a great week.  The heat is on!

-The End-

5 comments:

Katie said...

I'm loving the look of the yellow on the wrought iron chairs!! Can't wait to see it all finished - and see what you do with that jute string!

tofubeast said...

You peaked my interest!!!

Decor & Harmony said...

Sometimes you have to step away and regroup.....and then out of nowhere comes energy and a clear head, and then you stand back a say "Now that wasn't so bad." Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Shabby Soul said...

I thought I was the only one who set up such big goals for myself! It looks like you are on your way to a beautiful area!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the furniture painted yellow and am anxious to see your chandelier up. What a nice spot to enjoy the early morning!