Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Follow Up Report on My Terrariums and Features for My Jewelry Box and Hall Tree Projects


I wanted to do a quick follow up with you guys about the results from my terrarium project that I showcased last month on my post entitled Cool Terrariums for Only Cool People.  It has been almost a month since I put them together and I have some findings to share. 

I noticed that the ones that were in the latched down lids did not fair as well as the others.  The moss has died and the spider babies have faded. There is also a stinky-ness on the inside of these jars. The others, however, have flourished! (You can see one in the background of the image to the right.) They are all in the same location and have received the same care, I am surmising that the latches on these jars are just too tight for a terrarium to do well.  Must have something to do with the serious lack of air exchanged. 

I have given one away (the little one out front in the first image) to my good friend artist Riitta Klint, when I visited her studio last week.  That one was doing wonderful too.  It has a pop down lid with one of those plastic flanges.  I just thought I would share, because when I put information out there, I want it to be correct!  So amend my comments to say that latch lidded jars don't work very well for terrariums! 

On another subject, many of you will remember just a little over a week ago when I posted my Hall Tree Revealed: It's All Over But The Waxing.  After posting the reveal, I linked it up at a few blog parties and got some really nice comments from people.  I also got a super duper nice FEATURE! Yeah! from SJ at Homemaker on a Dime.  Thanks, SJ!

You can click on the button below if you would like to see the Hall Tree featured.  You will also see a super cute monkey sandwich that she also featured.  I have been into monkeys and owls lately....don't know what it is.....

Another fun thing just happened last night.....Judy at DIY by Design featured my Jewelry Box Face Lift on her Spring Into Spring Party!  If you want to see the feature, click on the button below. Thanks, Judy!

Not much more to report today.  The laundry is piling up and the food is dwindling in my refrigerator. We are in full blown lazy days of summer around here.  But, that is how it goes in the home of a crazy, creative type....I guess.  The daily duties just get tabled for the fun stuff!  Enjoy the day!

-The End-

5 comments:

Jen T said...

WOW! I LOVE the hall tree; it's beautiful! And all your features - dang Lesley! Congratulations, you deserve it! JenT

Katie said...

You know I smile every time I see one of your projects featured! =) Are your terraniums indoors or outdoors - I've got a project that is going to require some plants for indoors, low light, and low water - and I don't have a clue where to begin! Any suggestions?

Unknown said...

What a terrific blog! I'm so glad that you commented over at craptastic.

I'm going to save your link to explore tonight and I am happily your newest follower.

Aren't we all just "flying by the seat of our pants"?

Babs said...

Too bad about your terrariums, but your hall tree turned out great!
Thanks for stopping by my blog with nice comments,
Babs

Lisa Montsion said...

I love the butterfly's on the cabinet.

lisa