Sunday, June 12, 2011

Showing My Stripes On Sunday

Guess what showed up on my front door step today?!  Yep, my newly recovered chocolate zebra camel-back, one cushion sofa!  This is a quick snapshot.  No time for a cleverly staged image this morning.  My upholsterer, Chris Green, just left and I am so excited to show you! 

This is the third time that I have had this sofa re-covered.  It started out in a tiny rosebud dressy fabric that my mother picked out when she purchased this back in the 70s from Ethan Allen.  It became mine upon graduation from college and stayed with the rosebud in my first apartment and first home with my hubby.  Then when we moved to our second home, and since I finally had the funds to do it, I had it covered in a blue and white chintz.  That stayed for about a decade, then came a brightly colored tropical print.  Another decade later, with the change in my living room to more greens and browns, so came the change once again on my camel-back sofa.  I am in love with the comfy fabric.  This has always been one of my favorite seats in the house.  In fact, I am writing this post while lounging back on the soft, cozy fabric.

This little sofa all dressed up in this print is such a fresh surprise in the room.  I love surprises!  I also love color and color and color.....  Did I tell you that I love color?!  Well....I do.  I love the interplay of different patterns within a color palette too. This little sofa completes the collection of furniture re-covers in my main living space that I revealed last month in my post, Slipcovers Revealed.  If you want to see more images of the room, click on the blog name.  It will take you there.  Just ignore the dark images....I am in a learning curve with fixing and posting images. 

This sofa is yummy and hug-able and I am just thrilled to finally have it back in my possession!  My little Coco agrees.....You can't see here in any of these images, but she is hanging right there next to me as I write.  Ahh...... 

I am hoping to get a few more things done on the master bedroom, so that I can start to post more images.  I might start posting parts of the room as individual posts because waiting until everything is done could take a while.  Just when I complete a part, I stop and look around and feel like I have only run a mile in a marathon!  Perhaps a 'Four Poster Bed Reveal' could be put together.  After all.....I do have that completely done. What do you think?! Wanna see it?! 

-The End-

Linking this post to:

8 comments:

Katie said...

This is great! I almost bought some zebra print the other day and this makes me wish I had! Too cute!

Jen T said...

Lesley - I LOVE that sofa! The print really shows off the pretty curves. When you buy a good piece like that you definitely get your money's worth. I love color too and it's awesome to see what you are doing! JenT

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I had a similar loveseat, but it was about 100 years old with a horsehair stuffed cushion and Chippendale legs. I made the mistake of letting the upholsterer talk me into a new cushion and it lost it's comfyness. It went off to college with our youngest (carried up 4 floors of an OLD apt. bldg.) Long story short, she not only left it there, she paid EXTRA to do so. Of course, everybody wishes they had it now! Some pieces are keepers.

BluBabesCreate said...

Wow! You can come see my reupholstery work! That is very stylish and a lot of work.

Gypsy Heart said...

I love it! I'm one that adores animal prints so this would make me very happy to have in any room.

Enjoy!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I LOVE your sofa. If you ever want to get rid of it, I would give it a good home. But seriously, it really is beautiful!

pharmacy reviews said...

I think that you chose a great couch. It is classy and I want something like that for my house.

Richard said...

GoodMedsShop.com Reviews