Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fun Stuff from the Blogs and A Feature!

From time to time, I like to show you some of the neat things that I am seeing out on the blogs.  I follow quite a few blogs and also enter my projects in weekly linky parties.  I visit around the linky parties and sometimes I see projects done by other bloggers that really catch my eye.  Some of those projects rock my world.  Some just make me smile.  Here are my favorites from the past week. (All the images have quick links that will take you to the projects) 

Michele over at The Scrape Shoppe, made this wreath out of burlap and jeans.  It is  is super cute and looks relatively easy to do.  If you are looking for a little pick me up for your front door for the upcoming 4TH of July, click on the highlighted named above to get a complete and well documented tutorial.   For some reason the link on the image isn't working.

The Scrape Shop
  
I see my fair share of vintage spoon projects, but this one caught my eye.  It is just a cut above all the others.  Click on the image to see more.

The Artsy Vava


Now this one made my "Crazy and Adorable" list.  First off.....just finding something like this is pretty darn amazing.  So cute.

Originate and Renovate

I see thousands of chair redo projects every week.  Blogland is full of chairs using Annie Sloans' Chalk Paint.  I have grown somewhat weary of the same shades of paint on every chair.  So, imagine my excitement when I found this colorful, creative chair over at Wise Designs.  

Wise Designs

Another exciting project is this desk redo by a relatively new blogger, I Know The Plans I Have For You.  (I'm new, so we are talking newer.)  Super coolio.

I Know the Plans I Have For You

Okay. So.  I always gotta show you something outrageous.  So here we have the most outrageous cupcakes I think I have ever seen.  If you are planning a summer barbecue, you gotta get a load of these!!  Adorable and unexpected. Neato.
 
Cooking for My Captain

I also wanted to let you guys know that Jackie over at Simple Home Life featured my Master Bedroom 4 Poster Bed project this past week! Yeah!  If you are wanting to see the feature, click on the button to the left to take a peek.  Thanks Jackie! 


The Perpetrators!

Update on the Water Damage Disaster:  Yesterday, one of the blower machines that the emergency company had running in my studio blew out the electricity in that part of the house.  They came right out to assess it last night but couldn't address it completely until today.  I just stayed out of that area and pretended that it really wasn't happening!!  Sometime, ya just gotta ignore the problem in order to maintain your sanity!!! Luckily it didn't take out the electric to the air conditioning!  As I write this post, an electrician is here fixing it.
 
Cords wrapped up and ready to leave!

We did make a few steps forward.  They removed most of the machines this morning because the meters were telling them that most of the dampness was gone!  Now we just wait for the adjuster to come out, so that we can start to put the house back together.

Have a great Sunday.... Hope you enjoyed these projects I shared with you.  I'm getting out of here for the day.  Need a break.

-The End-




6 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Thanks for featuring my wreath, Lesley! It looks like some fun projects caught your eye this week. And congrats on your feature! :)

MariaS said...

OK - that mod podged dresser is just toooooooooooo cute! Thank you for sharing! I am now following her too!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That bold chair caught my eye too. I think my comment was right after yours. Thanks for featuring the more unusual items. I didn't catch some of them. Congratulations on your feature.

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing my cupcakes! I never knew how much attention these would draw! I really appreciate it!

I just LOVE that flag wreath--wish I had the guts to even attempt it! LOL

I'm following you back as well. "see" ya soon!
www.cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

Thanks for the feature!!

Unknown said...

Thanks again for the feature! I love that little chair and the cupcakes are amazing!
And thanks Maria!