Thursday, June 30, 2011

E.T. Go Home!.....Update on the Water Damage Recovery

Many of you who have been reading my blog over the past two weeks are aware that I had severe water damage in my house.  I talked about it in my blog post Broken Pipes and Water Damage and Spielberg Movie Set or Disaster Zone .  I just wanted to give you updated images and tell you where we stand at this point.

I had my teenage son pull down the "E.T." containment rooms and we cleaned up.  I will explain after the images why we did this.  Here is what the three rooms look like now. 
Wall and partial ceiling miss in my
entrance/dining area.

Corner in the studio.  It is like this for about
15 feet.  Open clear to the kitchen on the other
side.

There is damaged ceiling in every room from the blue tape.


Master bedroom.....where it all
began. 
So, you ask "Why did you pull the containment rooms down before the repair could be done?"  Well.....  I will tell you why...  The adjuster finally arrived yesterday and said that it would be a few weeks before we got a settlement.  Can you believe that?!  A few weeks?!  Okay....so at this point, I didn't blow my lid, but I wasn't happy in the least.  Living in the upheaval was really wearing on me.  No more Mrs. Cool Cucumber! 

I made the decision to try and put the house back together the best that we could.  It was the only alternative.  Leave it, and go insane.....or clean up and try to gain some normalcy back.  I know many of you already think that I might be insane, so what would it matter?!!  But, I chose order.  E.T. needed to Go Home!

In some places you can see from one
room to the next.  There is Sasha getting
into something.
 I know it isn't perfect, but it is going to have to do for now.  My drywall guy and painter, whom I love, are on their way over to give me estimates.  I am going ahead and doing the repairs before we settle with the insurance company.  Hopefully, it will all work out financially.  If it doesn't work out, well.....the world will keep spinning.  Whether I am still sane or not....well...that is left to be seen.  Besides, I don't think I would look my best in a straight jacket!

-The End-

9 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Industrial chic. Is that a look?

Debbie@http://refreshrestyle.com/ said...

Good luck with everything, that's a whole lotta damage to your beautiful home!
Debbie

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! That really is terrible. Good luck with getting it all taken care of. Thanks for visiting and for the sweet comment.

Soledad Feigenbaum said...

I think arranging your home the way it was before the flood by yourselves is a good idea. I know how you feel. We have suffered water damages due to floods a few years ago, and we were able to tough it out somehow. I hope everything turned out well with the restoration process and you found a restoration company that was able to help you repair your home. It takes a little while, but I sure hope that your family has moved forward after such an ordeal.

Unknown said...

This truly is sad. The extent of damage caused by water in your house is almost unfathomable! The thing that makes water a huge threat is that it seeps in through the interiors weakening them from the inside. I hope you get everything sorted out soon!

Gail Wallace @ Emergency Flood Masters

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.