Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stuck in the Middle with You

Clowns to the left of me!
Jokers to the right!
Here I am stuck in the middle with you.

I have been humming this tune to myself all day.  Why?  Well, because I am stuck right in the middle of several projects, none of which are ready to show you.  I am stuck right here.  No 'real' blog post to think about.....except this one, I guess...... 

Even though I am stuck in the middle, I am feeling more like the clown and/or the joker from the song.  So, I guess I will keep it short, but sweet.  Show a couple of images and skeedat!

Decided against the white wall colors and am opting for a pale yellow.  The white just wasn't doing it for me.  Living with this new swatch for a day or so.  I know that I am attempting an all white room, but this is just the upper half of the wall above the bead board and I think a little pale yellow will still allow for the feeling of all white.  We shall see....

Here is a sneak peek at the Hall Tree.  I have gotten the final coat of Alabaster white completed.  I am making decisions of materials to proceed with for antiquing.  I have also sprayed the gold hooks in a pewter color that matches the new hardware that I bought.  I wanted to finish this today for a reveal, but I am just not going to rush this project. 

I was held up a little in my process because I had to spend extra time making sure that I drill the new holes for the drawer handle precisely correct.  As you can see in the image below, the old hole and the new hole were super super close.  I had to wait until the fill in the older hole hardened, or risk collapsing the tiny bit of wood between the two holes.
I am right on the verge (or stuck in the middle) of completing the four poster bed and dressing the bed. I am actually done with the bed, just haven't switched out the bedding.  I have been collecting white and off white bed linens and accent pillows over the past three months.  I am sort of tired of them laying around and can't wait to get them on this bed!!

Little detail that I am
working on....
As soon as I have something concrete finished, I will post the reveal.  I have my fingers crossed that I will have an entire reveal of the Hall Tree tomorrow.  But, I gotta get going.  It's not fun looking like a clown and a joker..... 
-The End-

3 comments:

foreverdecorating said...

Wow, you do have many irons in the fire, but I can't wait for the reveal.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to!
Liz

Jen T said...

Haha!! I love what you are doing here & can't wait to see the whole shabang. The yellow walls with beadboard is going to be so pretty - I love that fresh look. The white linens & dress dummy are beautiful! I love hearing from you (thanks for coming by) & I'm going to see what else you've been up to...