Thursday, June 9, 2011

Enough About Me! Highlights From The Blogs

I need a little time off from talking about my projects.  Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of talking about me.  I'm sick of a lot of things, but I just won't go into all that here!  So, let's talk some fun 'not me' stuff.....

Katie over at Craptastic is at it again!  I love her tutorial on how to make these adorable cupcake monkeys.  Fun!   Click on the image to see a step by step explanation with great images.

Maria Blakley of A Little Birdie Told Me showed us a pretty cool chandelier redo here.  Click on the image below to get to full tutorial on how she changed a simply plain brass chandelier into this beauty.

Vickie over at Ranger 911 made me chuckle at the sight of this regal sock monkey.  Click on the image to see more pics of this lovely lady.

As I discussed yesterday in my blog post about my jewelry box face lift, Deneen over at Dreaming in Color impressed me with a re-purpose project using a sconce, some newspaper and twigs, paint and a metal bird.  So different and refreshing.  A nice change from some of the stuff we see repeated all over the blogs.

Korrie of Red Hen Home blew me away with this French Chocolate table renovation.  She took a basic table, set up a light projector and created miracles.  I gotta show you her in action and the final reveal because I love seeing an artist at work.  Truly memorable table.
Artist at work.


In a final note, I wanted to point out that I did not include any projects using Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  I think that paint is interesting and useful and I really love the work that is being done with it. I have used it on several pieces of furniture in my master bedroom renovation.  But I have to say that I am kinda getting a little uninterested in looking at yet another piece of furniture done in ASCP Old White and a few other shades.  Sorry, don't mean to offend.  I really don't.  But, let's get back to being more creative!!!  There are a ton of blogs showing amazing projects working with the materials that the creators have become amazingly proficient at utilizing and it doesn't require ASCP.  There, I said it. Don't throw a tomato at me!! Carry on. 

-The End-

8 comments:

Lisa said...

ahhhhh love the sconce...making me think of the two I have....maybe painting and creating?????

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

THANK you for highlighting my table! So glad you like it.

Marisa said...

Hey, thanks for noticing me!!!! Haha, I get what you're saying about the chalk paint, it has become the "cool" product to use! I do use it but only as a primer because I hate old white, I like bright white. I will keep using it because that stuff adheres to almost anything and frankly I'm lazy!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Fairy Godmonkey thanks you for her bloggy debut.
Great minds think alike; I also commented on Korrie's amazing table. I want it!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Amen! Thanks for sout out again!

Katie said...

Thanks so much Lesley for the shout-out! These projects are all awesome! That regal sock monkey is hilarious! ;) I hear ya on the chalk paint - I'm ready for some crazy color again! =)

Anonymous said...

la respuesta Encantador
http://www.webddlworld.com/
Truden

Lisa Montsion said...

I love that blue chanlider.

lisa