Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Spring!

So today I am going to quickly show you my other little project from yesterday.  As you might recall if you read "Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute," I was also going to spruce up my front door entry way and add some fresh plants to my big flower pot. 
-Before-

Pretty much colorless. Mat had gotten
worn down. Pillows looking drab
from the sun beating down on them.

I am starting with some good strong elements.
This Adirondack chair is one of them. 
I gave it a new paint job just a few
months back and it is still good to go.
So I have a coupon for 20 percent off my entire purchase at Pier One and AC Moore is having a 50 percent off sale this weekend.  I just want a few little things....a new door mat, new pillows, some plants and potentially a springtime wreath for the door.   Here are the results.
Added two native flowering plants. 
We are getting ready to go
into the hot season. Anything
else would just die from the heat. 

The floral and wreath supplies
are 50 percent off. The ribbon was on
clearance for 1 dollar. I finished
this wreath for less than 16 dollars! Yeah!

I popped my little Woodsy Owl into the
 mix. I can't begin to tell you
how much I love this little yard sale
find. He is perched here greeting friends.


I think it looks sweet. Simple and quick
little update for my front door area.

Here's the pile of trash
that I left for my hubby to pick up. 
He did.  It always works!
So just a quick little Earth Day - Spring Weekend post.  Hope you enjoyed it.

-The End-