Monday, April 11, 2011

Creating a Circus in Your Head

I got way too much going on in this head!  I awoke this morning all jumbled wondering, "How can I possibly get all this done?  Where should I start?  Do I work on the bath or the master bedroom?  I gotta make sure and return that tile sample.  Oh, and remember to stop at Jerry's to look at that handmade paper. I gotta start a grocery list.  If I forget that sugar, coffee will be a bust on Tuesday.  He is working his butt off lately.  I need to make sure those little things are in order.  What about those two loads of laundry that are sitting in the washer and dryer?  Maybe today I will have the time to stop at the antique mall to inquire about a booth.  Is it time to start working on making some money on this endeavor?  Oh...and, what to write in my blog?"  My anxiety riddled body tosses over in bed to look at the clock.  It's 4:12 am.  "Are you kidding me! THIS is ridiculous! Go back to sleep, back to sleep, back to sleep....."  But I don't. I lay in bed trying to organize my day, my week, my life.  I think to myself, "Why do I not do what my mom did?  She was so smart having that pad of paper and pen by her bedside."  You see, my mom had the same affliction as I do.  I don't know if it is called Biting Off More Than You Can Chew, or Creating A Circus In Your Head, or just being plain crazy.  I mean, who wakes up at 4:12 am in the morning and can't get back to sleep over this stuff?  I try to calm myself down, hoping that if I can get just a little more sleep, I will be more productive when I wake.  After all, these are all good things I am obsessing over.  My creative juices sometimes do this.....wake me in the wee hours of the morning.   The next thing I know, it 7 am.  "Good. Did it."   The anxiety returns and motivates me out of bed quickly.  I get ready in record time.

We all have crazy, busy lives.  Some of us, like my sister, get up in the dark of morning and head off to important careers.  Some of us bust our butts raising children, giving up the careers outside the house.  Some of us just have jobs that help make ends meet. You know, the job that isn't really a career, but puts food on the table?  In my sister's case, she is a school teacher.  She isn't just a teacher, she is one the best.  She is one of those who puts her heart and soul into her classroom everyday.  She is one of those who takes a leadership role and helps out those around her, making their days a little easier.  She is also one of those who gets up in the dead of night to prepare for her day.  I mean, come on, I am complaining about waking up with so much on my mind?  She is awake getting ready to go teach 22 fourth grade kids about everything, including how to live their lives because of course teachers are required to do everything including raising our kids.....and what do they get?  Pay cuts.  Okay.... I am not going to get into a political conversation about the state of teaching in our country and make a stand on how to fix it.  My point is we all play a role.  We all contribute.  We all matter.  We are also all busy. 


The granite tile for the master bath.

So, I will sit down right now and write a list of all the things I want to accomplish today, tomorrow and the rest of my life.  Well, maybe not the rest of my life.  But you get the point.  I did find a really neat granite tile for the master bath yesterday and I did get some super fabulous ideas on the blogs for painting and decorating techniques for my master bedroom.  I will be taking some 'before' pictures of the bedroom later today for a blog post later in the week.  So stay tuned.  Oh!  and I almost forgot.  I will be picking up a few writing pads while out today.  Seems I need to have them by my bedside to help me sleep better. Thanks, mom for the great idea.  Hope you can hear me.

Some ideas for the file:
I took this free image offline.
Will be using some things like this
 in the bedroom redo. Stay tuned for the "how."

Pretty cool dresser idea.
Keeping it in the idea file.
Got this image from
A Vie Renouvele

Idea file for master bedroom.
All white with neutral walls.


Bye bye black floor.
Very excited about this granite.  It will show less and help lighten the room.  We got an amazing deal on the materials at Floor and Decor.  I have also been weighing out how to change up the cabinet doors.  Stay tuned!

-The End-



4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahhhhh yes---students taking the dreaded FCAT while I read my sister's blog! I would much rather be teacher than testing! AND love the granite!

Sue said...

And I'm reading and posting while I proctor for your sister's class. :-)

Sherry Hicks said...

Thanks for stopping by my place and the follow I am now following you. I feel your pain on the black granite tiles...........I love your choice of granite for the new counter! I too have many projects to finish and not sure where to start today...
Sherry

Unknown said...

Good luck on the renovation. I like the granite too.
I am the same...My mind can't stop thinking...yes, a circus... Thanks so much for following me, returning the love. Happy Monday and let's do it all on our list ! :)
Xo