Sunday, April 17, 2011

Given People Something to Laugh About and Finding My MoJo

I went out last night with friends, and about halfway through the evening, I realized that I had a big glop of Sherwin Williams paint on the backside of my wrist.  I think to myself, "Darn.  I thought I got all that off yesterday."  But there it was in all its "creamy" glory.  I thought I had done such a great job 'cleaning up.'  I even took the time to remove my nail polish which had that Sherwin Creamy stuck to it.  

I immediately had a flashback to Friday afternoon.  I pick up my daughter from middle school.  She gets in the car and spouts out, "Wonder what you've been doing."  I think to myself,  "What is she talking about?" I look down and realize that, in my rush out the door, I forgot to clean my hands and they are filled with "Creamy".... and they are not looking pretty. 

I then had another flashback from earlier that morning. I walked into the groomers to drop off my doggies wearing two different sandals. (I didn't realize I did this until I returned home.)   I had been running through puddles in the early morning at yard sales and had to change my shoes twice.  Somehow, in my excitement over my great finds and being slightly late to drop of my dogs, I slipped the opposing shoes on my feet! Duh.....

I have a slow thyroid that causes me some issues with what we like to referred to as 'foggy brain.'  But I am not blaming this on my thyroid.  (Thyroid....you can be excused now.)   I am not even going to blame it on the fact that I have so many projects going on right now, that it is making me absent minded.  I am sure it plays a role, but it just ain't that either.  So here is my confession.  I am "In The Zone," I have found my MoJo......and I am so overwhelmed with excitement and inspiration, that the basic things, like completely finding and cleaning all the paint off my body, are just not happening.  So what if I pull a bonehead move and wear two different sandals. Right?!  If someone saw me they most likely got a good laugh.  Hope they are thankful that I made them smile. 

This all reminds me of a quote from an unknown author.  ""Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ??? WOO HOO what a ride!???""  I intend on finishing it up this way, except they will have to add something just after worn out and I hope it reads: "paint glop on wrist."   That sounds just about right. 

Are you in "Your Zone?"  Have you found your MoJo?  If you haven't, go find it.  Life really is seriously too short.  Your Mojo might not be found in a paint can, but I bet if you think about it.....you have an idea of what it might be.  No more putting it off!  Get on with it!  I think I have found mine and I intend on holding onto to it.  It has taken me a journey of almost 47 years.   I figure, I got at least 30 more years to bask in this.....  Don't get me wrong.  I know there is much more to see, do, learn, feel, taste and hear......The world is my oyster....and I am not talking about Sherwin Williams SW6206 Oyster Bay or Benjamin Moore 2115-70 Oyster either. (insert wink)

-The End-

1 comment:

Lisa Montsion said...

Life isn't a point a to point b process. They are huge ups and downs. That is part of the fun.

lisa