Sunday, January 1, 2012

My TOP 10 New Blogging Friends of 2011: An Unanticipated Fringe Benefit Of Blogging

My Top Ten Blogging Friend Finds (no particular order)

Blooming in my backyard right now!

When I started The Homeless Finch back in March, I had no idea what amazing people I would meet along the way in blog land.  I just knew I wanted to share myself, my work and my ideas.  The friendships? Well, what a nice surprise.  Like a the new hybiscus bloom today in my backyard...

Many of you are nice enough to leave the occasional comment and I really appreciate it when you do.  Comments fuel my energy.  But, the following people have really made a significant difference in my blogging life. I truly appreciate their support! When I don't hear from them, I wonder how they are.  When I hear from them, it's like a phone call from a friend just checking in.  Thanks guys! 

1. Cassie at Primitive and Proper: A friend with whom I really connect and laugh. A real friendship that I have found on the blogs and cherish.



2.  Deneen at dreamingincolor.  My first blogging friend that I spoke on the phone to.  Yep...it went beyond the virtual world.  We are both going to the Haven conference in June 2012.


3.  Vickie at Ranger 911 - A new friend through blogging.  I like her work, she likes mine.  I appreciate her support.  It keeps me going...  Her sock monkeys make me laugh too!


4.  Grammy Pat of Grammy Goodwill:  The funniest gal I know.  She gets down on her ability to craft, but she a great gal with a huge heart and a busy life!  It's what she SAYS on her blog posts that make my day.  But here is a little image of a pen made with tape in Hokie colors. Her favorite team.


5.  Deb Owen of Twice Nice: She is always there, reading my posts and giving me encouragement.  I feel the same about her.  Her refinishing work is amazing.


6.  Rosemary of Villabarnes:  The "Gesso Queen" whom I have come to enjoy the encouragement we give each other.  She has a hubby that brings home some of the most amazing finds. 

7.  Marian of Miss Mustard Seed whom I owe a huge amount of gratitude toward for encouraging me to start this blog last March.

Pillow on chair by Ann at
Sutton Place Interiors.  Another nice lady.

8.  Korrie of Red Hen Home...a sweet gal who has a ton of kids and  just doesn't blog and post about the most amazing projects, she is real and honest and amazing at communicating.  I don't know how she does it all.



9.  Susan at Homeroad:  Inspiration Everywhere! This gal continually rocks my world with her amazing transformations.  I never miss a post!  She is an amazing trash to treasure maven!


10.  The Home Team:  Dani, Sue, Michele C, Ted A., Ken E., Karla W., Jill S. and my sister Lisa:  My friends in my 'real' life who have been so supportive over the last year. Oh! and my hubby Gerry... These are the people who motivate me to do this stuff.  Disappointing them is just not an option.   After all.....I have to literally face them!!!

Thanks to all the rest of you!!!  I hesitated to make and publish this list because I didn't want people to feel left out.  But in the end, I had to give sincere kudos to the people who have really stood by my side. Who have gone beyond the norm to make my day.  I TRULY appreciate each and everyone one of you from the bottom of my heart.

Happy New Year!

It's been an amazing run! 
Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store!

-The End-

16 comments:

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

This is really nice of you. That pillow on Miss Mustard Seed's chair is by Sutton Place Designs. Thanks for the feature (even if no one but me knows it!)Happy New Year to you too...

Homeroad said...

Oh my goodness thank you so much for mentioning me on your post today! I'm honored!
Thanks so much Lesley and I'm so glad to know you too! Thank you for all your wonderful comments!
xo Susan

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh wow!!!! thank you so much, lesley! i feel the same about you! :)
and some of these are new blogs to me that i need to check out! thanks for the intro- that sock monkey has me very intrigued.
hope you had a fabulous new year's eve, and looking forward to a wonderful 2012!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Haha...I wasn't expecting a link but I'll sure take all the help I can get. Thanks Lesley!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Lesley,
You were my very first follower (besides my daughters) and I remember being totally shocked! OMG, I told my husband, I have a FOLLOWER! That's what encouraged me to get out and party- blog parties, that is. And I've finally found my little nitch in the blog world.

I've also watched you gain confidence in putting yourself "out there" by displaying your original art and all the wonderful transformations to your home and furniture pieces. It's been a great year and here's to more of the same in 2012!

Thank you so much for including me in your top ten!!!

xo, vickie

KWalter said...

Leslie,

Love your blog! You are so creative!!! Thanks for the mention friend!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Well, well, well! I love you Lesley. I just came by to say Happy New Year, and saw that I was included on your list. You know how much I appreciate your friendship. You also know how much I love being your cheerleader. There are some people in blogland that I feel a true connection to. You are one of them.
xoxoRosemary

tofubeast said...

Awww thanks for the shout out. I really appreciate it and your lovely little blog. And you already know I appreciate the heck out of you! xoxxo

Twice Nice said...

Ahhhh, Leslie that is beyond sweet!
Thank you, and I hope you know I feel the same way about you! Oh, and since we met over "Dolly" the western dresser you should be the first to hear she has a permanent place in my home now (reveal to follow shortly)! You have been a wonderful supporter and fabulous friend! Deb

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Glad Anne saw her pillow! They make it into a lot of my photo shoots. Thanks so much for the mention. I'm so glad you started a blog and have enjoyed the wonderful community that comes with it. I wish you the best in 2012!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

You've got a great support group here, Lesley!! It looks like you've made some amazing connections in the last 10 months. :)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

You are SUCH a sweetheart! I am glad to be one of your blogging friends. I am so grateful for the support and encouragement I receive from you, and I hope to get to know you even better in the coming year!

Paulette said...

I popped over to your list of blog friends and became followers. Thanks for the list of new blogs.♥

Janet said...

I LOVE this top ten list! What a thoughtful thing to do to list the bloggers that have inspired you. :) Love the projects too!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I have missed so much! Thank you for including me and I can't wait till we meet in person. When I get back from NYC I hope to get beck to blogging again! Good Luck to yo and your blog in 2012!

Lisa Montsion said...

I love the lady on the cabinet. Really nice.

lisa