My Top Ten Blogging Friend Finds (no particular order)
When I started The Homeless Finch back in March, I had no idea what amazing people I would meet along the way in blog land. I just knew I wanted to share myself, my work and my ideas. The friendships? Well, what a nice surprise. Like a the new hybiscus bloom today in my backyard...
Many of you are nice enough to leave the occasional comment and I really appreciate it when you do. Comments fuel my energy. But, the following people have really made a significant difference in my blogging life. I truly appreciate their support! When I don't hear from them, I wonder how they are. When I hear from them, it's like a phone call from a friend just checking in. Thanks guys!
1. Cassie at Primitive and Proper: A friend with whom I really connect and laugh. A real friendship that I have found on the blogs and cherish.
2. Deneen at dreamingincolor. My first blogging friend that I spoke on the phone to. Yep...it went beyond the virtual world. We are both going to the Haven conference in June 2012.
3. Vickie at Ranger 911 - A new friend through blogging. I like her work, she likes mine. I appreciate her support. It keeps me going... Her sock monkeys make me laugh too!
4. Grammy Pat of Grammy Goodwill: The funniest gal I know. She gets down on her ability to craft, but she a great gal with a huge heart and a busy life! It's what she SAYS on her blog posts that make my day. But here is a little image of a pen made with tape in Hokie colors. Her favorite team.
5. Deb Owen of Twice Nice: She is always there, reading my posts and giving me encouragement. I feel the same about her. Her refinishing work is amazing.
6. Rosemary of Villabarnes: The "Gesso Queen" whom I have come to enjoy the encouragement we give each other. She has a hubby that brings home some of the most amazing finds.
7. Marian of Miss Mustard Seed whom I owe a huge amount of gratitude toward for encouraging me to start this blog last March.
|Pillow on chair by Ann at|
Sutton Place Interiors. Another nice lady.
8. Korrie of Red Hen Home...a sweet gal who has a ton of kids and just doesn't blog and post about the most amazing projects, she is real and honest and amazing at communicating. I don't know how she does it all.
9. Susan at Homeroad: Inspiration Everywhere! This gal continually rocks my world with her amazing transformations. I never miss a post! She is an amazing trash to treasure maven!
10. The Home Team: Dani, Sue, Michele C, Ted A., Ken E., Karla W., Jill S. and my sister Lisa: My friends in my 'real' life who have been so supportive over the last year. Oh! and my hubby Gerry... These are the people who motivate me to do this stuff. Disappointing them is just not an option. After all.....I have to literally face them!!!
Thanks to all the rest of you!!! I hesitated to make and publish this list because I didn't want people to feel left out. But in the end, I had to give sincere kudos to the people who have really stood by my side. Who have gone beyond the norm to make my day. I TRULY appreciate each and everyone one of you from the bottom of my heart.
Happy New Year!
It's been an amazing run!
Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store!