Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Organizing the Studio with Baskets, Buckets, Jars and Such

I am elbow deep in a re-organizational escapade in my studio.  After ranting on Sunday in my post, I'm in the Doldrums A Little Bit Over My Messy Studio, I decided to do something about it.  Now, I will warn you, my set up does not look like the inspiration images I offered.  Nor are my images the best quality.  But, I am excited about my progress.  So as my 17 year old son says to his friends, "Roll with it."

I highlighted a few things with numbers with a key in the caption area.


I have had these two apple crates for decades.  I paired them with a few planks from an old fence I dragged home to make a table.  I gathered up buckets, baskets and containers, cube shelves and a red shelf that I have had laying around waiting to be used.  I even used a vintage fry basket (#10 above) to place my stencils and a few cutting supplies!




Just this area has taken me almost two full days to sort out all this stuff!  I get going on one thing, and the next thing I know three hours have flown by!

I did take about an hour today to run by one of my favorite collectibles malls and take a peek around for a few things to help me organize my buttons and such.  I found a few more things and scooped them up too! I threw this vignette together to show you what I found.

I'm super excited about the shutter combo in the background.  I have been wanting to buy it, but it just wasn't the right price.  Marked way down today! Yeah!  Also, look at that neat folding ruler! Yeah! I have been looking for one of those for months!  What about those jars? Awesome, right?!

I have just started putting together a work station for my computer, Silhouette Cameo, sewing machine and such.  It is a work in progress...  

Oh! and....today, the mail carrier delivered my package from Spoonflower!  I ordered a super dee duper fabric combo for the glass front cabinet that I showed you in my blog post HERE.  Gotta roll my sleeves up and get to that one too!   Have you ever checked out Spoonflower?  Wow...cool stuff.  

Hope you enjoyed the little sneak peek into my world this week!  It ain't the prettiest, but it's mine and it's coming together.  I think I'll just..."Roll with it!"  

-The End-
Linking this post to:


     


                 

14 comments:

Twice Nice said...

LOVE that owl fabric, I will have to check out spoonflower as I have not heard of them before! Ahhh, it feels good doesn't it? I was out junkin' around a bit today too.
Looks like you had good luck!
Deb

Cassie Bustamante said...

your fabric is adorable of course!
and look at you- making progress and getting organized! :)

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, I like this post so much better. Your optimistic disposition comes through in this one. I know you won't be surprised to hear I gave away apple crates when I moved. I have very little foresight, you see. (I guess that could be a pun.)

Karen Isaacson said...

enormous progress! love that turquoise train case (and love that I can see your reflection holding the camera in the mirror!)

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Its looking good, Lesley!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Looking good, Lesley. When you're finished, you can fly out and do mine. lol

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Keep on rollin'! It's looking good.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

OK you are making me look bad! lol I can wait to see what you do with the fabric. Cute owls which are your favorite so I know it will be used with care!

very merry vintage style said...

You're so organized! Everything has a place and looks so pretty in all your containers! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Katie said...

I saw your office earlier this week and I've been meaning to stop by! I love how it's coming along. It's so organzied, but not sterile looking! Can't wait to see the rest!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Nice going! I love all the layers and such and how everything's perfectly in reach. The jars are cool!

Donna

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

This space is awesome! I love all of the different containers you use...and the fabric! It would be super cool if would come by today to enter my giveaway for a $50 Lowe's gift card and to link up to my very first party! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/imagine-the-impossibilities-link-party-1/
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Lisa Montsion said...

I love the fabric with owls on it.

lisa

Weaveron Textile said...

thanks for sharing amazing design....
click on https://www.weaveron.com