Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thrift Store Find Turned Tablescape Goodness

Don't you just love it when you stop off at your local thrift store and score big time?!!  Well, I had that happen last Friday.  Earlier this week, I showed you my nifty little owl that got a makeover in the post HERE.   If that wasn't exciting enough, during the same stop last week at my local Goodwill Thrift Store, I also found six very eye catching amber chandelier globes.  They were sitting all alone without a light fixture.

They were marked $1.50 each, which made me stop and ponder.  What could I do with these harvest colored crackly globes?  After all, they felt so seasonal with that amber glass.  In my thoughts, I new they would reflect light lovely since that was their original purpose.  Plus they were cheap, so I decided to grab them up and figure it out later.

After clearing away all the Halloween decorations, I needed to re-work my farmhouse table.  Let's be honest...I was sick of the Halloween stuff and wanted it put away!  Oh!  I was so very sick of it.  Cute at first, gaudy and annoying as the days dragged on.  I needed something simple.  Something just to set on the table so it didn't look abandoned, but wasn't too much either.  Enter....the globes!!!! Yeah!

I put a simple table-runner from my stash across the freshly cleaned and dusted table. (Did I tell you I was sick of those Halloween decorations?)  I then placed the globes with six red votive candles that I picked up at some point from The Dollar Store and half burnt this past year inside each globe.  Ahh! Fresh, clean, clear, sparkly and simple.

I will probably work in some fresh greens and berries for my Thanksgiving table later in the month.  For now, I am so enjoying lighting them each night and enjoying the harvest glow from my little fun thrift shop find.  Have you strolled your local thrift shop lately?  It's fun, relaxing and has the potential to provide something special for your table.  Enjoy the day!

-The End-

Linking this post to:









18 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo I love these! and I love going thrifting as well :) Thanks for sharing!

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
http://bonniegetchell.blogspot.com

Grammy Goodwill said...

They look lovely on your table. I love that color. Once again, I'm amazed at how you can think outside the box. I love to find goodies at the thrift store, but they're always bought for their original intended use.

Anonymous said...

Yours is exactly the kind of find I treasure, something that looks good and lends itself to creative use. Good job! Thanks for stopping by. Do come again.

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love that look! so warm and cozy!

Unknown said...

That table looks so special ! So beautiful my friend ! great find Im going out to goodwill tomorrow...50 percent off everything tomorrow... maybe I will look for a treasure too

- KAT -

Pat said...

Now that is just the best idea ever! You really lucked out on those amber lights. Just beautiful.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

So sweet looking and such a great idea. They look wonderful on your farmhouse table.

Dee

Mimi said...

What a great idea! I often see these things in thrift shops and haven't known what to do with them. The color is great!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

These globes are gorgeous, and I LOVE the ingenious way you've used them! Spectacular, Lesley!

LBP said...

Great score! They look beautiful on your table. Don't you sometimes wish that the people who put some of their things in the Goodwill could see how you repurposed them? They would be astonished!

Blessings

Linda

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Lovely and simple and you can't beat the price! I haven't been to my Goodwill since summer...I should plan a trip. Great job!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Love the look!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Love your button too!

Charlotte Wilson said...

What a clever idea! It looks wonderful and I love that it didn't cost much!

♥charlotte

Grammy Goodwill said...

Now I can sort of copy you. At a yard sale Sat. there were 3 milk glass globes for $1. I grabbed them up. I hope you'll see them for Christmas and maybe January, too, for snow.

Heather said...

how fun! I like what you did with the globes. i love candles!

Sheets on the line, love in my heart. said...

oooooohhh my...how wonderful that looks on your harvest table. very calming and cozy!
blessings,
rebecca (i am just a newbie)

Lisa Montsion said...

I'm a huge candle nut. I love the smell of them and how you light them up.

lisa