Monday, November 28, 2011

Announcement! Special Christmas and Holiday Series from The Homeless Finch and My Christmas Village

ANNOUNCING!!!! 
A 25 Day Christmas and Holiday Blog Series
from
The Homeless Finch!!

This Thursday, December 1st, The Homeless Finch will kick of the 25 Days of Christmas And The Holidays Blog Post Series.  I will be sharing quick and easy craft and gift ideas for the holidays. I will explore making ornaments, wreaths, hostess gifts, gift tags, decor and more. The key is Quick and Easy.   Everyday I will share a simple idea that might inspire you.  I will present the information in a concise manner including short "How To" instructions.  

I love to up-cycle, so you will probably see a little bit of thriftiness along the way too. I might even break with The Homeless Finch tradition of staying away from food and recipes and give over some of my tried and true quick and easy tips in the kitchen too!  It's all about saving you time, but also giving you great festive ideas!


To accompany this series, I designed a Special Blog Button if you want to grab it and place it on your blog that would be awesome!! I could use the support and maybe some of your friends might enjoy seeing what I got going on the next 25 days.

On another note, my daughter and I were busy this past weekend constructing my Department 56 Christmas in the City collection.  I split the buildings between two locations in my house.   Here are a few of the highlights; one on my pine hutch in the dining room and one on my large desk in my living room.
The Shopping District

The Main City, including the Business District, The Harbor,
Washington Square and China Town with a few parks and plazas too.

Business District

Washington Square Street

The Gate between the Business District and Washington Square

Detail of China Town

The Harbor
This project always takes up most of the Thanksgiving weekend for us and we enjoy every tiring moment of the process.  I have been collecting Department 56 since 1990.  This year my 14 year old daughter became more than just a helper, she became a designer and main visionary of the layouts.  I think she came up with some nifty ideas....like this little vignette in a pulled out drawer. 

So, I hope you are planning on joining me each day for a quick, neat idea.  The posts will be short, sweet and to the point with materials and instructions.   We are all very busy.  Who has time to read a long wordy post this time of year?!!   I'm excited and I hope you are too!

-The End-
      

10 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

yay! so fun! i will be here and can't wait to see each new idea!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

OMG, what an awesome collection Lesley. I will definitely be joining you for your series.

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Sounds like fun! And holy wow!! That is an amazing Christmas village collection. I love how you set it up on the desk! Very clever!

Sinderella's Studio said...

wow, what a city!!! Incredible.
cheers, dana
looking forward to your 25 days!

Small Town Girl said...

I just put up my much smaller village last night! Yours is just amazing! Keep the photos coming! Such inspiration!

Gracefully Vintage said...

WOW-you sure have quite the set up, that is just amazing.. SO Wonderful- I love all the winter wonderland lil cities like that. I cant imagine how much work went into that..
Beautiful Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog-
Karryann

Gracefully Vintage said...

WOW-you sure have quite the set up, that is just amazing.. SO Wonderful- I love all the winter wonderland lil cities like that. I cant imagine how much work went into that..
Beautiful Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog-
Karryann

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

What a beautiful collection! I love how you used the big desk and used come drawers too :)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

The village display is beautiful and I have to say I love the idea of using some of the drawers to display things! Pinning this idea!

Lisa Montsion said...

This is amazing.

lisa