Monday, November 14, 2011

A Special Visitor to The Homeless Finch Studio Has Me Pondering

Popping in today to share an amazing little something that happened this weekend in my studio.  I was in my usual mode of checking emails, surfing Paint Party Friday and pretending to be a great weekend family member.  You know what I'm talking about...  You really want to work on your projects, but the family is home underfoot and you try to pretend you are 'all in' for them and their needs?!   I gotta balance it ya know!!
Well, so I had walked out of my studio in an attempt to appear engaged with the activities that they were wanting to focus on.  At some point, I decided to check back in the studio.  Walking in I realized that there was a finch flying freely around the room outside the aviary.  Immediately worried that my finch would fly free, I ran to the door that was open to the outside and closed it.  I grabbed the fitted sheet I use this to catch them when they get out.  As I turned and really looked, I realized that the finch was not mine.  Nope.  It's was a wild finch that had flown into my studio through the open door.   

I called to my family and they ran into the room as I said, "I can't believe it. An actual Homeless Finch is in my studio!"  Of course, I had to snap an image of the poor little guy before catching and releasing him. 

He looks so afraid in this image below. Don't you think? 
A Homeless Finch in My Studio
The rest of the day, I thought about that little chance happening and told a few of my friends about it.  Everyone wondered if it was some sort of sign. My sister had the dreamy thought that it was my mother coming by for a visit.  I have one male finch in the aviary without a mate.  He sings very loudly every morning trying to attract a would be suitor, not realizing in his little bird brain that no potential mates can hear him.  I think perhaps this wild finch heard him and wanted to find out what all the commotion was about.   It was fascinating to talk about and ponder.  What do you think it was?  A fluke? A sign?  
Flame
The finch who calls for a mate.

I am hoping to bring you a few reveals this week.  I have a few projects coming into the final stages. Stay tuned...OH! and watch out for the Homeless Finch.  If you leave your door open....he might just fly in for a visit.

-The End-

6 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

What a cool story. Poor little guy looks so scared. I think the wild finch came to visit Flame.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Wow - what an amazing story! That is a strange coincidence.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

What a great story to tell, Lesley! Maybe its a sign that you're on the right track with your blog. ;)

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh wow what an experience!!! that is so cool!!!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Poor little guy...glad if he had to get trapped somewhere, it was in a sympathetic home!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

So cute and what a story. Poor thing had the look of fear.

Dee