Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cabinet Featured, Tragedy Strikes My Camera Lens and Some Humor From the Christmas Village

The Trifecta!  Excitement! Tragedy and a Little Humor all in one 24 hour period.  What's the holidays without a little drama?!! 
First for the excitement.  (Which actually took place after the tradegy and made me feel so much better!)  Thank you to Katie of Sew Woodsy for featuring my Unconventional Approach to my Master Bathroom Cabinets today on her blog!! Just the uplift I needed to start the day!  Thanks Katie!! (Click on the button below to see the feature and all the other great projects she highlighted.)


Ugg, the tragedy.  I had a tough day yesterday, when I dropped my Nikon and damaged the lens.  Oh. Terrible day.  The lens I broke is my only one AND I found out that it was close to impossible to replace.  Luckily, I found the guys at this place in town called The Camera Clinic.  The repair was expensive, but a fraction of the cost of replacement. Bad news though was that it is going to take at least 3 weeks to get the parts and fix it.  I was devastated.  I wondered how on earth I was going to publish the The Homeless Finch. Well... those awesome guys gave me a loner lens!! Yeah! back in business! 



So now....a little humor.  The other day, I showed you images of my Christmas Village.  Today, I thought I would show you a few humorous details.  Hope you enjoy them!

I took this image and posted it on my Facebook page. Then my sis noticed
something peculiar about the roof top to the upper left of the image.  Look
closely...  I forgot that I temporarily left this "Dog Lifting His Leg" on
the top of the roof!!!   Silly me.  What's funnier, the piece itself,
or the fact that it is on the roof!??
This is a piece with two people walking.  Their umbrella
has blown open.  I always make sure to place it in an alley
coming off the harbor!!  Don't you hate when your umbrella
does this?!!

This might be hard to deciper, because I blurred the background.  I crack up
at this piece every year.  It is a mother dragging her reluctant son away
from a game of marbles with friends.  If this isn't typical, I don't know
what is!!!

This guy is passed out on the Bus Stop Bench.  I am sure the original
intent was that he shopped himself weary.  However, I tell my
guests that he hung out too long at O'Malley's Pub just behind him and
missed his bus.  Poor guy....a little too much "Holiday" cheer!

Hope one of them gave you a chuckle!  In the studio today, getting excited for the kick off tomorrow of my 25 Days of Christmas and Holiday Series!!! Don't forget to come back tomorrow to see the first fun and easy project! The button below will take you to the announcement if you missed it!   Lots of inspiration coming your way... AND you will actually be able to SEE it, now that I have a camera lens again!!!



-The End-

11 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

My favorite is the dog on the roof. Of course, if ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Cassie Bustamante said...

the dog on the roof is awesome!!!!! ha ha!

Cassie Bustamante said...

and yay for a loaner lens!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Wow! You are ambitious, Lesley. I'm not sure I'll get any posting done before now and Christmas, so I'll just enjoy reading yours :) Glad you were able to get your lens repaired... yikes! And, that is quite the village you have there!! How long have you been collecting?

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Your Christmas village is amazing! I love the funny pieces.
Glad you got a loaner lens!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Major bummer about your lens! But what a lucky duck to get a loaner!! These village details are cracking me up. :)

Small Town Girl said...

Oh yea, I noticed the dog on the roof yesterday but didn't think to leave a comment! Now I wish I would have! I feel like I spotted Waldo before anyone else!

Patty Sumner said...

I have my Christmas village unpacked but not set up yet. I hope to get that done before this week ends. I love your village. Where do you set it up? I am having trouble locating the right spot to set mine up. Blessings and thanks for sharing the humorous parts of your village.

DIYbyDesign said...

That's awesome that they gave you a loner lens. I would flip out without my camera. Love your Christmas village.

SaltAndPepperMakers said...

I notice the dog too and love the tall ladder by the tree. Glad you were able to get a lens loaner! ~Pepper

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Sorry about your camera. I would probably have a heart attack if that happened to me. You handled it beautifully and how clutch was the loner lens? Have a great rest of the week...Ann