Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Hall-Owl-weeny!

I stopped off last Friday at my local Goodwill and look what I found.


If you have been following my blog for a while, you understand why this was such a monumental find for me. I collect ugly, ceramic owls and give them a more updated look.  I talk about this often, like in the blog post, Woodsy Perch Hops, Keeps Watch and Finds Some New Friends.   I have these little owl friends scattered around as parts of vignettes and tablescapes, like this one to the right is on my bedside table.  Sweet, don't ya think?!!
So....back to my Goodwill stop.  My heart started to race at the sight of this one. I mean, what kinda of luck was this?!! And on Halloween weekend, no doubt!  He was 2 bucks...bought!  

Of course he got the obligatory 'makeover ' which constitutes a bath and a redressing with Vaspar White Spray Paint in Satin.  


He is perched here waiting to hoot and howl tonight for all the little ghosts and ghouls.  What a little devil, er umm, owl.

Happy Hall-Owl-Weeny!

-The End-
Linking to:


9 comments:

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

What a perfect Halloween find! The thrifting fairies were with you ;-)

the cape on the corner said...

oh man, he is perfect for halloween! great find!

Missing_Pieces said...

Haha great find! He's adorable!

http://secondhandclass.blogspot.com/

Cassie Bustamante said...

you know i do the same thing! and i LOVE that one- insanely jealous over here of your witchy owl!

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a hoot! I bet you've never heard that before. hehehe or hoo, hoo, hoo I'm stopping now.

Kristin Dudish said...

What a fantastic find!

I love the texture in the painting in the post below too :)

xo
Kristin

tofubeast said...

Awesome find!!!

Shannon Fox said...

OWLS are so cute. Great save!!
I now have 3 hooties of my own, one is from GW, he was already white though. Lucky me =)

Ruth said...

So cute!! I love these owl transformations. I have been looking for some myself but no luck so far.

Ruth