Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Quick Stop at Thrift Shop Yields a Few Finds And A Question

I dropped in at my local Goodwill yesterday afternoon.  My daughter is in the school play, Peter Pan, next month and I needed a few old blanket props for the Lost Children.  But, you know me.  I had to take a look around and I found a few interesting things for next to nothing.


The box is going to get a spruce up and be used in my Master Bath to store my cosmetics. I love the handle...kinda beachy.  The light switch covers were only 25 cents.  I have no idea what I might do with them.  They will most likely be re-purposed since my home doesn't have any one switch units.  The little bird house was only 50 cents.  It will pop up somewhere soon.  The other birdie thing?  I have no earthly idea what it is?  Do you?  It is a very heavy iron material. The inside of the cloche part has a hook at the inside top. It's total height is about 8 inches.   Somebody help me out here...

I have been doing a few little things in the studio, but haven't taken images of them.  I promise I will in the next few days.   In the meantime...help a gal out and tell me what this birdie thing is, will ya?!!

-The End-

9 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

Great finds! I have no clue what the bird thingie is but can't wait to find out!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Fun finds, Leslie!

Maybe that one piece is a birdcage hanger???

Cassie Bustamante said...

those are some fun finds! the bird piece looks like some sort of bell to me that would hang outside, possibly with a piece inside of it to jingle, or maybe a stick to ring it?

Twice Nice said...

Love a good mystery...maybe a bell or perhaps it once was used to attach a bird feeder or something. Or you could just call it a "thingamajig" or "dinglehopper". ;-)

Sharon said...

yes, I thought of a bell/noise maker too. But I also wonder if it could hold a roll of twine or other ribbon and be hung above your "wrapping station" to tie packages? maybe a wishful thought :-) Great finds and MUCH cheaper than the "great" finds i had yesterday. I may have to go "re-shopping" at Goodwill and return my other items :_)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I agree with Cassie. I think the bird thing might possibly be a bell. I have about of 8 of those same switch covers, and I haven't decided what to do with mine either.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

So sorry. No idea on the birdy thing. I totally love the stage production of Peter Pan though. I've seen it twice!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

My first thought was the top to a birdcage. But I'm seeing a very "fine" hanger for an outdoor chandy. I know...one track mind.

OR a chime hanger with vintage silverware or keys as chimes. Perfect for Florida where you can be outdoors year round!

By the way, I hope you found some blankets. :@

Anonymous said...

wind chime