1. I have a very difficult life outside my blog world raising two teenagers that often makes it hard to produce work and keep my blog going. I purposely hide this from my readers because my blog is a refuge away from my daily struggles. Here they are at their "best."
2. I am often conflicted about what to write about because what I like to do, doesn't always jive with what the blog world wants. I painted a Console Table last year and was so excited about it. Not only did it get very little attention, I got a few borderline negative comments about it like, "Well...I guess this is nice, but it's not my taste." Here is the table...
3. I shave my eyebrows. I don't pluck.
4. I am a serious political junkie and am a roll-your-sleeves-up political activist in my community. I hide this from my blog community so not to annoy anyone who doesn't agree with my politics!!
5. I have three dogs, all Shih Tzus...Coco, Ruby and Sasha. Coco never leaves my side and is sleeping right next to me as I type this. Here is a image of Sasha...
6. My hubby is an avid golfer and for some reason it annoys me. There is something about the elitist nature of it that turns me off.
7. I am not good at taking care of myself. This past November I had to give myself a challenge to get up to date on all my routine yearly tests. I hadn't had any of them in over 5 years. I completed the challenge by year's end only to find out that I have high blood pressure, 22 bi-nine cysts on my breasts and a cholesterol level that was out of control! Can't stress it enough.....Go get your self checked out!
8. I have a sister whom I adore. We are both loud and opinionated and seriously close. She is an amazing fourth grade school teacher. Together....we are The Power of Two! Here is a picture of us at a younger time... (gotta love the 80s)
9. I have two brothers whom I am estranged from because of drugs and alcohol. I understand that it is their problem and not mine. It has taken many years to come to this place. I am at complete peace with it.
10. Bullies have played an active role in my life and the life of my kids in making life harder. I don't like bullies. I think there is a real problem in our country with bullies that is not effectively being addressed.
11. If I could live anywhere it would be Southern California. I love it there and would move in a heartbeat if I could. Image of our family on our last visit...
12. I love wearing junk. Right now I am wearing a neat necklace that is filled with vintage Cracker Jack charms. It's like a hug. I got it from French Hen Farm on Etsy.
13. I was a jock in high school and played on a girls basketball team that placed second in the state.
14. I was married young and divorced. He was a loser and an abuser. I got out. Good thing because I have an amazing hubby now.
15. We watched Rain Man last night as a family. I love every movie Tom Cruise ever did. Well, except for that vampire one.
16. I loved Michael Jackson and never believed any of the allegation against him.
17. I have a hot tub in my backyard and I love sitting in it. Here is a shot of my daughter and a few of her friends having fun in the hot tub.
18. My legs are hairy a lot. I think this goes back to my point that I don't take great care of myself.
19. I used to avidly ride my bike. I miss it, but just don't have the time in the day. I don't. So don't tell me to make the time. Because if I did make the time, there would be no blog!!
20. My favorite part in making whole chicken dishes is sneaking the heart and the liver of the chicken. I love them and I know they are bad for my health, but I just don't care.
21. If I have an empty water bottle or drink can in my car, I toss it out into the landscaped island in my yard. My hubby picks it up and throws it away. It's a fun joke between us.
22. I am stunned when someone gives me a compliment or thanks me for something I have done. Those things just don't come my way often. I am a confident women. Perhaps they don't think I need those things.
23. I love to travel and have spent a significant amount of time and money doing so. My kids have seen more places than I had ever seen at their ages. They took their first trip to Europe this past summer. I plan on taking them back again soon. I don't view travel as an option, or something someone should get around to affording. To me, it's as vital as water. One life, one earth.
|Paris, Rome, Grand Canyon,Niagara Falls, Key West, Boston,|
San Francisco, Sedona, San Diego.
Not pictured...Alaska, Los Angeles, NYC, Tuscon,
Arizona, Blue Ridge-NC, Jamaica,
St. Thomas, Cancun, Cozumel, Cayman Islands, Haiti.
25. I live on a canal ten minutes from the ocean. We have a boat that we never take out. I prefer to go out on the dingy for rides on a sunny afternoon. Here is an image I took on a recent dingy cruise...
Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed putting it together.
Gonna go link it up over at Perfectly Imperfect.