We devised a plan to find a little cabinet that we could use to house the equipment. We know over time that this little cabinet will probably take a beating from the weather, so we didn't want to spend much money. I have a pretty awesome, under shopped thrift store near my new house, so we set out to find a cabinet. Lucky us, we found one. I really like the size, basic lines and the hardware on this little gem. For $14.95, how could we go wrong?!
The cabinet was in pretty rough condition, with a rut in the top from someone's drink and pitted hardware, I had to get my elbow grease and creativity out to get this job done.
Even my not-so-crafty hubby helped out with the hardware.
Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy and is super amazing at what he does for a living. Let's just say, he isn't a carpenter. Here's proof...
I asked him to drill two holes in the back so he could get the cords and wires into and out of the cabinet. Notice the "workmanship." Oh well, the cabinet is for his stuff and this will work. I said nothing to him about it. I guess I kinda snagged myself here. He reads my blog!! Sorry Mister! (wink)
I finished the piece with a coating of BriWax in Clear to give it a little seal.
Done. Ready to play some tunes...
Fun, quick, easy, cheap. My kind of project!